8 ounces Rice noodles, dried
1/2 cup Sugar
5/16 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Water
1 1/2 tablespoons Soy sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups Tofu, firm, drained and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
1 1/2 cups Shrimp, small, cooked
2 teaspoons Garlic, fresh, chopped
1 Egg, beaten
3 cups Bean sprouts, fresh
1/2 cup Edamame, cooked and drained
1/2 cup Green onions, chopped, divided
1/2 cup Peanuts, chopped, divided
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1. Soak noodles for 30 minutes in hot tap water; drain and set aside. (Noodles will be flexible, but not soft.)
2. Mix sugar, ketchup, water, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce and cayenne pepper in small bowl; set aside.
3. Heat oil in wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add tofu, shrimp and garlic, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in noodles, stirring constantly to keep from sticking. Add ketchup mixture, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until sauce is absorbed.
5. Push noodles to side of pan. Add egg and stir until cooked. Add bean sprouts, edamame, 1/4 cup green onions and 1/4 cup peanuts, stirring until mixed with egg and noodles.
6. Mound mixture on large serving plate. Sprinkle remaining green onions and peanuts over top. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving: Calories 430 (31% Calories from Fat), 20g Protein, 57g Carbohydrate, 4g Fiber, 15g Fat, 2.5g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 110mg Cholesterol, 670mg Sodium.