1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
3. Using the large holes of a cheese grater, grate the frozen butter into the flour. Mix well with flour.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg and vanilla.
5. Using a fork, slowly stir in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, until all the mixture is moistened. Do not over work the dough. Fold in the blueberries.
6. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat, or parchment paper.
7. Drop large spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet (to avoid tough scones, do not press or compact). 8. Bake in the center rack 18 minutes.
9. Remove and let them cool about 5 minutes before eating.